Website Little Rapids Corporation
Basic Position Objective Statement:
Participate in all activity associated with the maintenance and support of the manufacturing environment, facility and equipment.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Install, maintain, and repair all equipment associated with manufacturing and the environment.
· Assist in machine set-up and changeovers for production as required.
· Operate the building and manufacturing equipment in a manner that meets product specifications and plant policies and procedures.
· Maintain and repair the building, building equipment and grounds.
· Develop and perform the procedures and activities associated with and effective preventative maintenance program.
· Participate in training sessions with machine operators, teaching fundamental procedures and techniques for proper operation and adjustment of equipment.
· Support and participate in Kaizen, 5S, Total Preventive Maintenance, and other continuous improvement efforts, as required of this position. This includes activities to this specific position/department, as well as company-wide initiatives in other areas of the organization.
· Assure adequate inventory of spare parts, tools, equipment and supplies required to support the manufacturing environment.
· Participate in training exercises and classes required to remain competent in the maintenance field.
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Technical Degree in electronics or mechanics with documented training within areas of the same. Candidates with Journeyman Status as Electrician, Millwright, Mechanic or Machinist through a state indentured apprentice program is preferred.
3 -5 Years experience in manufacturing environment with focus on electrical or mechanical work. Maintenance experience on converting equipment is preferred.
Experience in preventative maintenance programs.
Must be familiar with and able to use tools and equipment used in maintenance repair work.
Understanding or the ability to understand electrical components, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and ladder logic.
Familiarity with computer tools and systems which includes internet navigation skills.
Must provide basic tools.
Able to work as an effective team member.
The ability to work safely in a normal manufacturing environment to include: sitting, standing for up to 7 hours, lifting or walking for long periods of time; climbing stairs; operating various standard office equipment; reaching; bending; crawling; speaking on the telephone; wearing required personal protection gear (i.e. hearing, eye, foot protection, gloves and hairnets); tolerating loud noise (exceeding 100 dB in areas); tolerating exposure to temperatures; hot and cold, and dusty environments.
EOE including disability/veteran
There are known compatibility issues with Internet Explorer when viewing the online application.