Website Little Rapids Corporation
Basic Position Objective Statement:
The Ink Technician is responsible for continuous support to press operations by dispensing ink consistently and having correct color match for each work order resulting in minimal ink adjustment by operators.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that every Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Operate work center machines safely and identify unsafe work behaviors, areas, and methods.
· Participate in the manufacture and distribution of quality finished products that meets specifications and meets/exceeds established production and department standards.
· Use PMS Pantone color referencing system to match colors supplied from a customer sample.
· Maintain consistent color match when making batches of ink to include document ink draw down.
· Provide technical support and color matching skills to Press Operators, while coaching and mentoring them to understand the parameters and capabilities of flexographic ink.
· Reduce inventory by working off press returns manually and maintaining lean ink inventories to avoid unnecessary build-up of press return/work off ink that is critical to remaining competitive and profitable.
· Identify and react to production problems (safety, quality, shortage of raw materials, out of spec raw materials and inventory issues.)
· Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as required (e.g. safety, quality, production, teams, informational, continuous improvement, and others as requested.
· Troubleshoot machine problems and determine which problems need to escalate to maintenance and/or supervisor/manager.
· Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of shifts that involve all days of the week as needed. This includes ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as determined by the business.
· Maintain records and files for VOC reporting, color matching, job information, batch tracking, inventory control, Rework Program and Quality Control.
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications
High School/G.E.D. required
Key Functional Competencies
· Experience in pre-press to include ink dispensing and/or plate mounting preferred.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a paper converting environment.
· Experience in warehousing/shipping environments is helpful.
· Experience in quality management systems (FDA, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, etc.)
· Spectrophotometer color matching experience.
Key Performance Competencies
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. (Such as machine operation instructions, safety instructions, etc.)
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, follow up in a timely manner and adapt to changing situations.
· Ability to perform basic computer operations such as email, data entry, navigation skills within system and desktop, etc. Experience and ability to operate computer keyboard.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Able to work independently, follow instructions and be self motivated.
· Able to work as an effective team member.
NOTE: Frequency and repetition of tasks listed below are based on a 12-hour shift. However, overtime opportunities exist.
· Regular attendance is required to provide continuity and accomplishment of job responsibilities on a continual and timely basis.
· Must follow instructions for safety and proper job performance; safety apparatus required: Ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, hair nets, gloves (all types) and other protective equipment as dictated by job function. Forklift and clamp truck certification.
· Need accurate color vision. Able to identify and distinguish colors accurately to help associates find mistakes and locate potential problems.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds. All lifting over 70 pounds requires two people to make the lift.
· Exposure to temperatures and paper dust.
· Exposure to noise levels exceeding 90 dB.
· Must be able to communicate verbally through regular conversation and shouting (in loud environments) and using hand signals (as needed).
EOE including disability/veteran
There are known compatibility issues with Internet Explorer when viewing the online application.