Website Little Rapids Corporation
BASIC POSITION OBJECTIVE STATEMENT:
Participate in all activity associated with the maintenance and support of the manufacturing environment, facility and equipment.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Must follow instructions for safety and proper job performance; safety apparatus required: Ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, hair nets, gloves (all types) and other protective equipment as dictated by job function.
· Install, maintain, and repair all equipment associated with manufacturing and the environment in a safe manner.
· Maintain and repair the building, building equipment and grounds in a safe manner.
· Develop and perform the procedures and activities associated with and effective preventative maintenance program in a safe manner.
· Operate the building and manufacturing equipment in a manner that meets product specifications and plant policies and procedures.
· Assure adequate inventory of spare parts, tools, equipment and supplies required to support the manufacturing environment.
· Assist in machine set-up and changeovers for production as required in a safe manner.
· Participate in training sessions with machine operators, teaching fundamental procedures and techniques for proper operation and adjustment of equipment.
· Participate in training exercises and classes required to remain competent in the maintenance field.
· Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of shifts that involve all days of the week as needed. This includes ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as determined by the business.
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
High school diploma/GED required.
Technical Degree in electronics or mechanics with documented training within areas of the same. Candidates with Journeyman Status as Electrician, Millwright, Mechanic or Machinist through a state indentured apprentice program is preferred.
3 -5 Years experience in manufacturing environment with focus on electrical or mechanical work. Maintenance experience on converting equipment is preferred.
Experience in preventative maintenance programs.
· Must be familiar with and able to use tools and equipment used in maintenance repair work.
· Understanding or the ability to understand electrical components, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams drives and PLC’s.
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Experience and familiarity with computer tools and systems which includes internet navigation skills.
· Able to run basic machine shop equipment and fabricate building and machine components.
· Must provide basic tools.
· Able to work as an effective team member.
· Able to work 12 hour shifts and overtime as needed
· Regular attendance is required to provide continuity and accomplishment of job responsibilities on a continual and timely basis.
· Walk/stand on concrete floors up to 12 hrs / day.
· Bend, stoop, and twist 20 to 30 times/day to perform all types of maintenance work.
· Lift up to 50lbs, normal motion 4 times /day.
· Lift up to 100lbs, normal motion 2 times/ day.
· Climb up 30 feet using ladder, 6 times/day.
· Grasp equipment / tools 30 to 40 times per day.
· Exposure to temperatures ranging from -20 degrees to +100 degrees F.
· Exposure to noise levels exceeding 90dB.
· Safety Apparatus Required: Ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, hair nets, gloves (all types) and other protective equipment as dictated by job function.
· Lockout/tagout trained required.
· Ability to climb ladders
· Exposure to chemicals including sulfuric acid, fumes from welding, cleaning and or lubricating fluids.
· Exposure to paper dust.
· Operate computer keyboard.
EOE including disability/veteran