Website Little Rapids Corporation
Basic Position Objective Statement:
Operate industrial trucks to move materials around warehouse and production areas.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that every Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Operated forklift and clamp trucks safely and identify unsafe work behaviors, areas, and methods.
· Participate in the manufacture and distribution of quality finished products that meets specifications and meets/exceeds established standards.
· Operate forklift and clamp truck to take away from press, lay down stock (rolls) for next shift, return product or rolls of stock to warehouse, and receive customer owned material.
· Complete and maintain records by: ensuring “return to inventory” tags are initialed and filled out by operators before returning product to warehouse; applying customer color coded label during unloading before product is put in inventory; and forklift safety checks.
· Conduct incoming and outgoing trailer inspections for product damage and contamination.
· Identify and react to production problems (safety, quality, and inventory issues.)
· Perform machine/forklift clean-ups as required. Maintain a clean, organized, “set in order”, and “shine” environment in the work areas (sweep dock area/warehouse, empty garbage cans, clean forklifts, assist operators with clean ups).
· Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as required (e.g. safety, quality, production, teams, informational, continuous improvement, and others as requested.
· Troubleshoot forklift or clamp truck problems and determine which problems need to escalate to maintenance and/or team coaches.
· Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of shifts that involve all days of the week as needed. This includes ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as determined by the business.
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications
High school/G.E.D. required
Key Functional Competencies
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a paper converting environment press operations.
· Experience in warehousing/shipping environments is helpful.
· Experience in quality management systems (FDA, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, etc.).
Key Performance Competencies
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language (Such as machine operation instructions, safety instructions, etc.).
· Mechanical aptitude and experience to use basic tools including wrenches, hammers, utility knives, screwdrivers, brooms, and measuring devices in rules and scales, etc., used in a manufacturing environment.
· Forklift and clamp truck certification.
· Regular attendance is required to provide continuity and accomplishment of job responsibilities on a continual and timely basis.
· Ability to perform basic computer operations such as email, data entry, navigation skills within system and desktop, etc.
· Ability to effectively communicate.
· Ability to drive forklift and clamp trucks safely and to become certified.
· Able to work independently and follow instructions
· Able to work as an effective team member.
· Able to work 12 hour shifts and overtime as needed.
NOTE: Frequency and repetition of tasks listed below are based on a 12-hour shift. However, overtime opportunities exist.
· Must follow instructions for safety and proper job performance; safety apparatus required: Ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves (all types) and other protective equipment as dictated by job function. Forklift and clamp truck certification.
· Operate forklift and clamp trucks (Ability to get on and off the forklift numerous times per shift).
· Sweep with broom and clean work area.
· Lift and empty garbage containers.
· Must be able to communicate verbally through regular conversation and shouting (in loud environments) and using hand signals (as needed).
· Must be able to walk and stand up to approximately 12 hours per shift.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. All lifting over 50 pounds requires two people to make the lift.
· Exposure to noise levels exceeding 90dB.
· Exposure to temperatures and paper dust.
EOE including disability/veteran