Website Little Rapids Corporation
Basic Position Objective Statement:
Responsible for planning and scheduling manufacturing activities, optimizing material and labor utilization within established guidelines of inventory and customer service levels. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Develop, implement, and support optimum capacity planning and production scheduling for assigned machines over the appropriate timeframes.
· Support systems and processes that will improve forward-looking information flow to improve forecasting methods; i.e. collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment, vendor-managed inventory, internet applications, etc.
· Maintain production planning reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Coordinate schedule and materials needed for outsourcing projects.
· Attend and participate with the production planning and manufacturing departments meetings daily
· Provide customer service to our customers by handling calls from assigned customer base, collecting customer requirements and specifications and preparing and organizing customer information for customer visits.
· Acknowledge receipt of customer PO’s and perform all duties related to processing order through our facility.
· Purchase of raw materials generated from MRP or other means as well as manage inventory levels for raw materials (including customer furnished materials) and finished goods items.
· Process customer product and service complaints through gathering of all necessary information, completing appropriate forms and logs, create letters of acknowledgement and generation of credits where applicable.
· Resolve customer inquiries to include order changes, shipment status, product information, price information, return authorization requests and sample order requests.
· Set up and maintain Customer Special Instructions in JDE system. Update on regular basis based on the established guidelines set for special instructions.
· Nights and weekend coverage for production / scheduling requests.
· Other assignments as made by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications:
BA or BS Degree in business with operations management focus required.
Lean and Six Sigma experience or training preferred.
APICS certified or progress towards certification program a plus.
Key Functional Competencies:
· Demonstrated ability to effectively schedule production using MRP techniques, with at least 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of printing, converting and paper industry helpful.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze relevant data and base decisions on it.
· Highly proficient computer skills and knowledge (Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point, e-mail, etc., ability to prepare spreadsheets and graphs). JDE and/or experience using comparable manufacturing integrated software
· Ability to managing conflicts between customer requirements, sales managers and production requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and leadership experience desired.
Key Performance Competencies:
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a culture defined by LRC’s core values of achievement, teamwork, innovation and respect.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Regular attendance at work is required. Ability to work additional hours during the week or on weekends may be required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Detail oriented, accurate, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to work in a normal manufacturing environment to include: sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time; climbing stairs; operating various standard office equipment; carrying paper documents/files; reaching; bending; crawling; speaking on the telephone; wearing required personal protection gear (i.e. hearing, eye and foot protection); tolerating loud noise (maximum of 95 dB); tolerating extreme heat, cold and dusty environment.
EOE including disability/veteran